- Tools Charts
- Implementation Support
- Instructional Support
- About Us
You are hereHome ›
Supporting Implementation of Data-based Individualization: Lessons Learned from NCII’s First Five Years
Developed By: National Center on Intensive Intervention
The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the Center’s accomplishments and to highlight a set of lessons learned from the 26 schools that implemented intensive intervention while receiving technical support from the Center. These lessons include:
- Support from leadership is essential for successful implementation of DBI.
- Solid Tier 1 and 2 foundations allowed school staff to focus efforts on DBI.
- Starting small and moving forward one step at a time facilitates success.
- Formalizing procedures through standardized protocols helps ensure ongoing DBI implementation.
- Committing to trust the process led to successful DBI implementation.
In addition, the document offers guidance for practitioners who are interested in implementing intensive intervention and next steps for NCII.